SpainDesk is looking for a tax manager to help our clients with the preparation and filing of their tax returns. The ideal candidate will have experience in Spanish tax law and be able to work independently.
What will you do
As a tax manager, you will be responsible for preparing and filing taxes for individuals and businesses. This may include providing tax advice and helping clients with tax planning.
Your duties will also include maintaining records and ensuring the accuracy of financial statements. Typically you will work with clients (both personal and business) to ensure that they are compliant with tax laws. Clients may be already in Spain or immigrating to Spain and are typically non-fluent in Spanish.
The work package includes:
- Preparing and filing tax returns
- Ensuring compliance with taxation laws and regulations
- Providing tax advice
- Maintaining records where needed
- Ensuring accuracy of financial statements where needed
- Auditing where needed
- Bookkeeping where needed
The successful candidate will have
As an accountant, you will be expected to have strong mathematical skills and financial analysis skills. You will also need to be able to use accounting software programs and be familiar with the workflows and standards in accounting.
- Degree in accounting or tax
- Experience in Spanish tax law
- Aability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work and coordinate with other specialists
Work and location
This is a full-time position and the successful candidate will join our office in Barcelona. This position is for 36 hours to 40 hours/week.
The salary for this position is to be determined based on experience and qualifications.
Working at SpainDesk
At SpainDesk, we offer a challenging and rewarding work environment. We are a team of international professionals who are passionate about our work.